Home-based businesses and other Provisional Uses in Lynden Township must be registered with Stearns County. (There is no fee for registration.) Please contact Stearns County Environmental Services at 320-656-3613 for more information.

Click on the blue title of an application to access it to fill out information and for printing.
Information can be entered directly into the applications online and is required for Right-of-way permits (ROW), “Right of Way Work Permit Application” which require Electronic signatures (e-signed). Other Applications can also be printed and handwritten. Even if the information is added directly, all forms, except ROW Permit Applications, must be printed and must include an original signature. ROW Permit Applications once e-signed, can be saved and emailed as an attachment per instructions in the form. Once the required information is completed, please print your application, sign it and submit it by one of the following options:

  • Mail to the Township Clerk at 20517 Woodbine Road Clearwater, MN 55320
  • Scan it and email to the clerk at (Payment must be submitted separately by mail or via the town hall drop box.)
  • Drop in the township communication box located by the front door to the town hall (if you use this option please email or call 320-774-8507 to notify the clerk to pick it up)
  • Building permit applications must be submitted to the township building official as noted.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Applications will not be processed until the appropriate payment has been submitted along with the application.  (Fees are listed at the top of each application.) All applications must include an original (non-electronic) signature. Site plan drawings on a separate sheet are required to be submitted with applications (where noted).

2021 Fee Schedule

Conditional or Interim Use Permit Application

Lynden Township has more restrictive standards for kennels.  If you are applying for a kennel conditional use permit (CUP) please include the CUP application above plus a supplemental kennel application.

Supplemental Kennel CUP Application

Variance Application

The town hall is available to rent for private events for a $50 fee (plus a fully-refundable $100 security deposit). Please note that smoking and consumption of alcohol in the town hall or on the grounds is prohibited.

Town Hall Rental Policy & Application

As outlined in Ordinance #12, a permit is required before any work in the township right of way can commence.

Application for Work in the Township Right-of-Way:

Right of Way Work Permit Application

Subdivision of Land Applications:
Preliminary Plat Application
Final Plat Application

Building Permit Applications:
Construction Site Permit Application
Building Permit Application
Mechanical Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Detailed Building Permit Information is available here.

Only one driveway / approach is allowed per parcel on lots less than 2 acres. A second driveway will be considered on other parcels with an approved site plan. Please contact either Road Supervisor Dennis Niemi at 320-266-4867 or via email at or if the new approach involves a building permit, contact Building Official Nancy Scott of AllSpec Services at 320-293-5298 or email: in advance of creating a new access point from a township road. Contact Stearns County Highway Department for access from a county road.

A driveway permit application is required for all new access points from township roads. There is no application fee. The application is available by clicking the link below:

Driveway / Approach Permit Application

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) requires a burning permit:

  • when a fire is more than 3 feet high and 3 feet in diameter
  • when the ground is not completely covered by a minimum of 3 inches of snow

Online DNR Burning Permit Application